Deen Dayal Upadhyay
Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital was started in 1970 as a 50 Bedded hospital which was extended up to 500 Beds in 1987. Casualty started in 1987 for daytime only and with effect from April 1998, it became functional round the clock. In 2008, a trauma block was commissioned which increased the bed strength to 640; emergency services shifted to this new block with expanded emergency room and wards. This hospital is providing specialized services to people of West Delhi and imparting training to Postgraduate and undergraduate medical students and para-medical door
4. SURGICAL SERVICES – IN MINOR O.T.
a) Skin Biopsy
b) Electrocautery/Radio frequency
c) intra lesional injection
e) Chemical Cautery
g) Punch grafting for Vitiligo
h) Chemical Peeling
j) Immunotherapy etc.
5. INDOOR SERVICE : ARE AVAILABLE
6. SPECIAL CLINICS – IN THE AFTERNOON 2-4PM DAILY.
7. CHARGES- ALL service are free of charge
8. OPD SERVICES:
SERVICES PROVIDED : TREATMENT OF
Skin diseases like – Vitiligo Psoriasis, lichen Planus, bullous disorder like pemphigus, warts, acne, infections, pigmentary disorders, connective tissue disorders
Hair Disorder – alopecia areata, telogen effluvium, androgenetic, alopecia, hair loss.
Sexually Transmitted diseases & HIV – testing & treatment is available.
1. The Department of Blood Bank has been a Regional Blood Bank Transfusion Center (West zone) since 1988 and caters to the west zone of Delhi besides other parts of Delhi and NCR. It has been nominated as a Model Blood Bank for the State of Delhi by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The center is also the mother Blood Bank of four blood storage center i.e. Rao Tula Ram Memorial Hospital, Dada Dev Matri Avam Shushu Chikitsalya, Acharya Bhikshu Govt.Hospital and Guru Gobind Singh Govt. Hospital. The annual Blood Collection is around 20,000 units out of which 65% is from Voluntary donors. Blood issued without replacement is 75%.
3. This center functions round the clock throughout the year.
4. Donor Screening, Blood Collection , Blood Component Preparation, Blood Testing and issuance of Blood/Blood Products.
5.There are around 250 Thalassemia cases registered and this centre issues Antibody screened, Rh matched and leuco-reduced PRBCs to the patients.
b) Platelet –pheresis facility exists.
c) All Blood/Blood Components viz. whole blood, packed cells, platelet concentrate, and fresh Frozen Plasma are available round the clock.
7.a) Since the month of August 2014 surplus Plasma has been
transferred to NPFC Mumbai.
b) Biometric registration of all in- house donors.
c) This center participates in BEQAS, Jaipur recognized by NABH, Quality Council of India.
d) Sample of HIV is being sent for proficiency testing to SRL, MAMC.
e) The center has a state of art Blood Mobile Van for Blood collection . purpose under VBD Programme from the door step of the donor.
8. a) Fully automated and updated technologies to be installed for quality . testing/product
keeping in view the increasing workload.
b) NAT testing of all Blood units.
c) NABH accreditation.
d) Training center for Blood Bank Staff.
1. Neurosurgery department with simple to complex head trauma cases and polytrauma.
2. All types of patients in relation to neurosurgery in room no- 2 daily JR & SR see these cases from 09 : 00 AM to 1 : 00 from Monday to Friday on working days and HOD see in OPD at 2:00 Pm to 4 : 00 PM on Tuesday & Friday.
3. All types of cranial trauma cases operate in surface tumors and hydrocephalus and spinal tumors.
The department of pediatrics is an 89 bedded department providing services to children between 0-12 years. Newly emergency, general O.P.D, newborn, in door services, thalassaemia and special clinics.
This is the only government general hospital having an excessive paediatric casualty.
Name of H.O.D:- Dr. Anil Gulati 25494404
Head of Limits Unit I: – Dr. Anil Gulati 25494404
Unit II: – Dr. Ripdaman Kaur 25494404
Neonatal Unit: – Dr. V.K -Sharma 25494404
Thalassaemia Unit: – Dr. Ritu 25494404
Paediatric Casualty: – Dr. Arun Kumar 25494404
Other Pediatric Specialty doctors are
Dr. Rekha 555
Dr. Anita 455
Dr. A.K Jha 555
Dr. Samarjeet Grover 455
Dr. G. Adhikari 555
Dr. Vimal Nag 455
Dr. Rita Moni 479
Dr. N.K Kaushal 373
OPD Services (1st floor OPD Block, OPD No: – 7)
Unit I: – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Unit II: – Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Timings: – 9 AM – 1 PM Daily.
List of Services in OPD – Immunisation, weight & growth monitoring, IYCF counselling (feeding counselling) and also general outpatients services.
Special Clinics:- (From 2 PM – 3 PM)
Nephrology Clinic – Monday
Asthma Clinic – Tuesday
Neuro developmental Clinic – Wednesday
C L H A Clinic – Wednesday
High Risk Clinic (I) – Tuesday
High Risk Clinic (II) – Wednesday
SAM Clinic (Malnutrition Clinic) – Monday
Adolescent Clinic – Saturday
Timings – 9AM – 4PM
Routine OPD timings:- 9AM-1PM
Special clinics timings :- 2PM- 3PM
9 AM to 4 PM 7 days/week
None of the aforementioned services are paid services.
Inpatient services (Ward No. 5):-
We have a 44 bedded inpatient ward for caring and treating of inpatient, which includes a 6 bedded NRC room for severe acute malnutrition patients and 2 bedded isolation room, also a separate procedure room for pediatric procedures like i.v cannulation, lumbar puncture etc. But due to the constraint of space there might sometimes be doubling of patients on beds in the ward to accommodate admitted patients.
Other important information: –
Our department is running a well equipped 25 bedded neonatal intensive care unit and 8 bedded out born nursery.
It has a separate pediatric casualty providing services to sick children 24×7 days.
Department of pediatrics is running one of the largest thalassemia centers in Delhi providing blood transfusion and chelation facilities to almost 200 thalassemia patients all 7 days of the week.
Plan to start PICU and 10 beded Nutritional rehabilitation centre but due to space constraints implementation is yet delayed.
Dept of ENT provides tertiary level care for the patients attending the hospital. Dept. provides diagnostic, medical and surgical management facilities.Dept. also treats patients referred from smaller hospital and school health programs.
Apart from providing medical care, the dept. is involved in the medical education of PG students. Pursuing DNB course which is also involved in research activity through different thesis projects.
Organization of Dept.
List of Services Providing in OPD
Dept. offers the following diagnostic service like.
Diagnostic Nasal Endoscopy
Fiber optic Nasal Endoscopy
Minor Surgical Procedure
List of surgical Service
All major and minor surgical procedures like.
Nose – Septoplasty, Rhinoplasty, FESS.
Ear – Myringoplasty, Tympanoplasty, Mastoidectomy Stapedectomy
Throat – Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, Microlaryngeal surgery surgery,Thyroidectomy,Laryngectomy, other Head and Neck surgery
List of Indoor Service
Routine patients are admitted for medical and surgical treatment.
Emergency Patients who needs emergency procedure i.e. Trauma cases, Foreign body and stridor are admitted and provided relevant treatment.
All major and minor operation
All kinds of endoscopic
Special Clinic in OPD
Timing 2 to 4 PM
Rhinology clinic Tuesday
Deafness/Vertigo clinic Thursday
Cancer clinic Friday
All Services are provided free of cost.
Achievement about the dept
Recently the dept has acquired a BERA machine for testing hearing of difficult cases and cases with profound deafness especially useful in children and differently abled individuals.
Dept. has also started a screening program for detection of hearing loss in all newborn with OAE.
Department has established a skill lab (Temporal Bone Lab) for the training of DNB candidate Future Plan
Dept. is planning to established voice clinic and speech therapy clinics
Pathology and Microbiology
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital (DDUH) is well equipped to cater to the needs of outdoor patients and indoor patients under one roof. Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine is constituted of various sections:
· Clinical Pathology
· Thalassemia Screening Centre
· Microbiology including ICTC with Hospital infection control programme.
The Faculty includes senior consultant, specialists, senior residents, medical officers and junior residents
DDU HOSPITAL, HARI NAGAR, NEW DELHI
LIST OF INVESTIGATION IN THE DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY & LAB MEDICINE
COLLECTION TIME: Routine OPD- Monday to Friday 9.0-11.15AM, Saturday 9.0-11.0AM
Name, Age, Sex, CR no., Ward & Bed No., Date, Cl. History & Diagnosis, Doctor’s Name—Mandatory On Requisition Slip
Department of Microbiology
(Facilities available) – No waiting period
1. Aerobic Bacterial Culture And Antibiotic Sensitivity Tests
Ø Cerebrospinal fluid
Ø Respiratory secretions
Ø Sputum/ throat swab
Ø Other sterile body fluids ( Pleural/ Synovial/ Ascitic/ Vitreous etc)
Ø Catheters / Endotracheal Tubes
Ø High vaginal swabs
Ø Eye/ ear/ Nasal/ Oral swabs
Ø VDRL (RPR)
Ø Hepatitis B/ Hepatitis C
Ø HIV in ICTC room near Blood bank
Ø Dengue – NS1, Ig M Mac ELISA
Ø Chikungunya – IgM
Ø Japanese Encephalitis – IgM
Ø Direct Grams stain
Ø ZN stain for AFB (M. tuberculosis & M leprae) except sputum
Ø KOH mount for Fungus
Ø Hanging Drop
Ø Modified ZN stain for Cryptosporidium Spp.
Ø India Ink for Cryptococcus
4. Hospital Infection surveillance
Ø Air sampling/ Swabs
Ø Tube Test for disinfectants sterility tests
Department of Radio- Digonosis of DDU Hospital is providing all the diagnostic facilities like C.T Scan, Colour Doppler, Ultrasound and X-Rays including special investigations free of cost to the patients.
X-Rays and C.T Scan facilities are provided round the clock. While ultrasound facilities are being provided till 9PM only. Special investigation like I.V.P, H.S.G. Signogram, Barium Meal follow Through are done on very short dates.
For general X-Rays there is no waiting period. Department is giving priorities to Emergency patients, Senior Citizen and indoor patients.
Organisation of the Department
Dr. Aruna SIngh Kuswah Head of Dept, Extn.507
Dr. L.R Richhele, Consultant Radiology, Extn 501
Dr. Babita Garbial SMO
Dr. Pooja Bhasin SMO
Dr. Dhananjay Kumar SMO
The department of Medicine is functional since the DDU Hospital is established and starts providing services to patients. It started with one word. Now it has 3 & ½ ward, ICCU, Isolation and fever ward, Medical Diagnostic lab including Dialysis Unit.
(I) HOD Medicine Dr.Ravi pathak Unit III – Tel no-25494402-08 Ext. 612
(ii) HOU Naveen Kumar Unit II – Tel no-25494402-08 Ext. 601
(iii) HOU Dr.D.D.Golani Unit-I Tel no-25494402-08 Ext. 613
1.Medicine department is providing OPD services 10A, 10C, 10D,10E, 10F, 10G and 10H
Location : On the ground floor of an old ward building.
Timing : 9:00 AM to 4:00PM
Special afterNoon Clinic:
(i) Diabetic Clinic
(ii) Cardiac Clinic
(iii) Hypertension Clinic
Special Sunday clinic: For Senior Citizens.
2.Medical Diagnostic Services: Providing services like 2D Echo, TMT, Holter Analyser,
9AM TO 4PM PFT, Video GIT Endoscopy & Colonoscopy & Hemodialysis.
3.List of indoor Services: Medical ward -8, 9, 10, 11, isolation & fever ward, ICCU, Emergency Medicine ward.
4. Special services: Special Afternoon Clinic:
(i) Diabetic Clinic
(ii) Cardiac Clinic
(iii) Hypertension Clinic
Special Sunday clinic: For Senior Citizens.
5. No services are paid.
6. Important Information: It is a referral Hospital of West Delhi.
7. Dialysis Lab (PPP) I/C: Dr. Ravi Pathak
Free Medicines Available
All medicines are supplied free of cost to the patients. The medicines are purchased as per the guidelines and list of essential drugs issued by Govt. of Delhi. A new Pharmacy facility has also been opened for the Govt. of India.
D.D.U. Hospital has been made Regional Blood Transfusion centre (West Zone)
Functions 24 x 7
The Blood Bank deals with whole and its components like packed cell, platelet rich plasma, and fresh frozen plasma.
For Govt. Hospital, after blood donation no money is charged. For private hospitals & Nursing homes an amount of Rs.1050/-.
Nursing Home facilities No nursing home facilities are available at DDU Hospital.
Other services Paid parking facilities for relatives of patients are available in this hospital.
Cycle Scooter Car
Rs. 5/- Rs. 10/- Rs. 20/-
1. ICU: ICU unit with 10 beds is fully equipped and functioning under the Anesthesia Department.
2. ICCU: A 10 bedded fully equipped ICCU is functioning in the Department of Medicine.
3. VCTC Centre: VCTC Centre was started ON 13.8.2002 for pretest and post test counseling on HIV/AIDS Serological Testing for HIV by rapid kits, for all direct walk-in-clients, as well as for clients and patients referred by NGOs, Doctors, DDU OPD and admitted patients. (Confidential Report)Timing: MON to FRI `9:00am to 1:00pm.
4. Paediatric Emergency: Recently started in 2014 which is fully dedicated to Paediatric Emergency patients.
5. Thalassemia Treatment Centre: Separate ward for transfusion to Thalassemia patients is there along with all facilities (ward-5).
6. Hemophilic Centre: 24 hrs facilities for hemophilic patients.
7. Janani Suraksha Yojna: AS per this scheme run by GNCT of Delhi we pay special care to pregnant women.
8. Mortuary service: Autopsy and perseveration of Death Body 9am to 4pm. Attached Police stations:Hari Nagar, Tilak Nagar, Janka Puri, Vikas Puri, Uttam Nagar, Dwarka, Dabri, and Maya Puri etc.
9. An ART Centre: Has been started during October, 2005 for providing treatment and counseling to AIDS patients.Timing 9:00am to 1:00pm. Tel.: 25494402-08 Ext. 355.
10. DOTS: Under National Tuberculosis Control Program, a DOTS Centre is the Hospital along with a chest clinic, free diagnostic facilities and treatment provided to patients of the TB and other Chest Diseases.
11. Leprosy Control Programme: Leprosy Control Programme is being implemented. Diagnosis and treatment is provided to all suspected and diagnosed Leprosy patients.
12. Oral Substitution therapy: Started in 2013. Patients with drug addiction are treated.
13. Ayurvedic, Homeopathy, Unani Unit: OPD facilities have been made available for all the three alternative medical systems.
14. Voluntary Social Service Centre: A social service centre with social workers is presently functioning at D.D.U. Hospitals to guide and help the needy patients.
15. Computerization of Hospital Service: OPD and Casualty indoor admission service have been already co
mputerized. Plans for computerization of other parts of the Hospital are being prepared as part of the Hospital Information Management System (HIMS).
16. Police Chowki: Dedicated for helping patients and DDU Hospital staff.
S.No Designation Name of officer/Officials Office Number Mobile No.
1 Medical Director Dr.A.K Mehta 2549440208/201 9718990182
2 AMS(HOO) Dr. Praveena Goel 2549440208/202 9718990101
3 AMS (HQ) Dr. V.K Sharma 2549440208/208 9718990175
4 AMS (A) Dr. Komal Singh 2549440208 9718990127
5 MS(MCH) Dr. Rita Ranjan 2549440208/411 9718990161
6 MS (Medicine & Allied ) Dr. Rati Makkar 2549440208/448 9718990240
7 MS (Surgery & Allied) Dr. P.S Sarangi 2549440208/342 9718990144
8 MS (Accident & Emergency) Dr. Rajesh Kohli 2549440208/224 9718990202 9 I/c Drug Store Dr. Ritu Chawala 2549440208/373 9718990173
10 HOD(Paediatric) Dr. Anil Gulati 2549440208/371 97189901172
11 HOD(Obs & Gynae) Dr. V.K Kadam 2549440208/421 97189901160
12 HOD(Anesthesia) Dr. Savita Babbar 2549440208 9718990110
13 HOD Surgery Dr. PS Sarangi 2549440208/342 9718990144
14 HOD NeuroSurg. Dr. Subodh Gupta 2549440208/490 9718932075
15 HOD Eye Dr. M.C Agarwal 2549440208/391 9718990190
16 HOD Plastic Surg Dr.Anurag Jain 2549440208/490 9718990121
17 HOD Medicine Dr. Naveen Kumar 2549440208/481 9718990211
18 HOD (ENT) Dr. M.S Bisht 2549440208/381 9718990181
19 HOD Orthopedic Dr. Umed Singh 2549440208/331 8826998300
20 HOD Skin Dr. Rati Makkar 2549440208/448 9718990240
21 HOD Psychiatry Dr. Anuj Mittal 2549440208/353 9718990152
22 HOD (Pathology) Dr. Neelam Sood 2549440208 9718990230
23 HOD Blood Bank Dr. Mausumi Swami 2549440208/519 9718990241
24 HOD Dental Dr. Ashish Kapoor 2549440208/305 9718990183
25 HOD (Forensic .Medicine) Dr. Komal Singh 2549440208 9718990127
26 HOD Casualty Dr. J.P Singh 2549440208/410 9718990178
27 HOD Radiology Dr. L.R Richele 2549440208 729001252